Climate change is happening fast and plant protection applications need to be limited by both economic constraints and legislation applied to the spraying procedures. Especially in specific cases of disease, treatment can be extremely difficult if timely intervention is not performed.
Crop Disease models provide a timely forecast of disease outbreaks, allowing the producer to anticipate issues that will affect the smooth development of his or her production. The farmer, in turn, taking care of the crop protection issues, intervenes in the crop at the right time, thereby increasing the spraying efficiency and thus ensuring the best crop protection.
All of Pessl’s disease prediction models are based on the results of the world’s leading research organizations, and have been tested using the most accurate sensor systems. Pessl has developed and offers more than 85 different disease prediction models for over 40 different crops. Among others, the following are supported:
- Disease Prediction Models for Viticulture
- Disease Prediction Models for Horticulture (Apples, Pears, Cherries, Citrus)
- Disease Prediction Models for Vegetable Crops (Tomato, Pumpkin, Greens)
- Disease Prediction Models for Open Crops (Cereals, Asparagus)
- Disease Prediction Models for Potato Cultivation
Use Pessl’s Metos agrometeorological systems and better understand the microclimate of the field. Take advantage of the disease forecasting opportunities offered by Metos weather stations and protect yourself from potential disasters.